Syracuse University CFSA-SOURCE Young Research Fellows Program
The application is currently CLOSED for the 2020-2021 academic year.
The CFSA-SOURCE Young Research Fellows Program, a program offered by Syracuse University's Center for Fellowship and Scholarship Advising (CFSA) and the Syracuse Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Engagement (SOURCE), supports student discovery, innovation, and success. The program is committed to diversity and inclusion, enhancing the climate of research, and fostering creativity and scholarship for all our undergraduates. Young Research Fellows, guided by a Faculty Mentor, engage in two years of group mentoring in early research and creative inquiry development and have access to up to $5,000 in funding towards research expenses upon submission of approved budgets. Faculty Mentors are eligible for a one-time grant of $750 in research funds. The program is open to all students in all disciplines.
- Must be a first-year student
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- Must have endorsement of a faculty member willing to serve as Faculty Mentor for the 2-year program
- Demonstrated commitment to research/creative inquiry
- Open to students in all disciplines
Faculty Mentor Expectations:
- Meet with the student at least twice per semester
- Complete a brief progress report each semester
- Consult on and approve student budget requests
- Faculty Mentors will typically be tenured or tenure-track faculty. For faculty with other kinds of appointments, please contact The SOURCE.
For more information about the program, call the SOURCE at 315-443-2091 or email Kate Hanson at email@example.com