Applications for the next cohort of Young Research Fellows will open in February 2023.
Syracuse University CFSA-SOURCE Young Research Fellows (YRF) Program
The CFSA-SOURCE Young Research Fellows Program, a program offered by Syracuse University's Center for Fellowship and Scholarship Advising (CFSA) and the Syracuse Office of Undergraduate Research and Creative Engagement (SOURCE), supports student discovery, innovation, and success. The program is committed to diversity and inclusion, enhancing the climate of research, and fostering creativity and scholarship for all our undergraduates. Young Research Fellows, guided by a Faculty Mentor, engage in two years of group mentoring in early research and creative inquiry development and have access to up to $7,000 in funding towards research expenses upon submission of approved budgets. They YRF program expects active participation in group mentoring for two years, followed by engagement with incoming YRF members during the fellow’s final undergraduate years. Fellows can draw on their research funds at any point during their undergraduate career. Faculty Mentors are eligible for a two-time grant of $750 in research funds. The program is open to all students in all disciplines.
- Must be a first-year student
- Minimum GPA of 3.75
- Must have endorsement of a faculty member willing to serve as Faculty Mentor for the two-year program
- Demonstrated commitment to research/creative inquiry
- Open to students in all disciplines
Faculty Mentor Expectations:
- Meet with the student at least twice per semester
- Complete a brief progress report each semester
- Consult on and approve student budget requests
- Faculty Mentors will typically be tenured or tenure-track faculty. For faculty with other kinds of appointments, please contact the SOURCE.