Guidelines for the Remembrance Scholarship Application
- You must be planning to graduate from Syracuse University in either December 2020 or May 2021 to be eligible to apply.
- You may 'save and resume' this application, however we recommend that you draft and save your essays elsewhere and cut and paste them into the application form.
- Please note: As part of the application process, the Remembrance selection committee will access your Syracuse University transcripts and academic record, as well as your record with the Academic Integrity Office and the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities.
- Applications must be submitted by January 24, 2020.
Guidelines for Selecting Recommenders
- This application requires two (2) recommendations evaluating your qualifications and fit for the Remembrance Scholarship.
- One recommendation must come from a faculty member who has taught, advised, mentored, or supervised you.
- The second recommendation can come from an individual who knows you in a professional capacity (employer or supervisor), or can be from another faculty member.
- In each case, choose recommenders who know you well and who can comment thoughtfully on your abilities and personal attributes, particularly your fit with the Remembrance Scholar selection criteria.
Instructions for Recommendations
- The application will direct you to input the names of your two recommenders.
- It is your responsibility as an applicant to direct your recommenders to the appropriate recommendation form by sending them to this link. The application will NOT automatically send your recommenders a prompt to complete the recommendation form; you must contact them and provide the link.
- Be sure to approach your recommenders early to give them adequate time to compose their responses to the recommendation form’s questions.
- It is your responsibility to provide your recommenders with any materials that would be helpful to them in completing the recommendation form. Resumes or CVs, transcripts, writing samples, and draft application essays are common resources that recommenders find helpful.
- When your recommenders submit recommendations, you will receive an email notification, and we will attach the recommendations to your application.
- The deadline for your recommenders to submit is January 24, 2020.
- Only applications with complete recommendations will be eligible for consideration.
For assistance with this application, please contact us at email@example.com
If you prefer to fill out the application in a separate browser tab, click here to launch.
Form for Recommendation Submittal
If you received a request from a student to provide a recommendation to the Remembrance Scholarship, you may access the form below to complete this step on behalf of the applicant. Thank you for your support.