Syracuse University Center for Fellowship & Scholarship Advising (CFSA) Young Research Fellows Program
The pilot Syracuse University CFSA Young Research Fellows Program is seeking applications from current first- and second-year undergraduate students with demonstrated potential for and commitment to research and/or creative inquiry. The Young Research Fellows will have access to research funding of up to $4000 over two years to support research and creative activity during the summer and/or academic year. The program will encourage students to think broadly about opportunities for independent research and creative work over the course of their academic careers, and will facilitate group mentoring and training for the interdisciplinary cohort. The Young Research Fellows will be expected to serve as student ambassadors to promote research and creative inquiry on campus during their two-year term. Faculty mentors will be expected to approve proposals for the use of funding and sign off on regular progress reports.
- Must be a first- or second-year student
- Minimum GPA of 3.7
- Must have endorsement of a faculty member willing to serve as a mentor
- Demonstrated commitment to research and/or creative inquiry
- Open to students from all disciplines
Students must complete the online application, including
- 800-word (max.) personal statement responding to the prompt “Describe your research and/or plans for creative projects and your long-term goals. How have your background, experiences, and academic training contributed to these interests and goals?”
- List of work, volunteer, and campus activities
- List of honors and awards
- Unofficial transcript
- Brief nomination from faculty mentor (completed online by faculty mentor)
The application is open below. Applications will be due April 17, 2018.
Sponsored by the Center for Fellowship & Scholarship Advising (CFSA)