Here is the 7th in our series of Fulbright Hints for applicants.
Questions 2 and 4
Have you filled in your choices for Question2: Country to Which You Are Applying, and Question 4: Field of Proposed Grant Study/Research or English Teaching Assistant? In order to develop a credible and competitive application to the Fulbright Committee – both on campus and nationally, you should have a decent draft of most parts of your application by now. And you need to have identified these 2 basic aspects of your application to do that! If you haven’t already done so, it is more than time to go back into your application and fill in Questions 2 and 4.
We very strongly encourage every applicant to attend one — or 2 — or all (!) of the Writing and Workshop Sessions that the SU Fulbright Committee offers. Our experience confirms that applicants who seek and receive feedback are more successful.
PLAN TO ATTEND THE SCHOLARSHIP BOOT-CAMP AND FULBRIGHT WRITING SESSIONS!
Are you going to be in Syracuse before classes start? Then plan to attend the Scholarship Boot Camp!
We’ll work intensively on all aspects of your application during these sessions.
• Wednesday, August 20th from 1-5 p.m. in 205-a Maxwell Hall
• Friday, August 22 from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. in 205-a Maxwell Hall
Snacks will be provided!
And please bring your laptop to each of these sessions.
Please RSVP by emailing email@example.com to let us know which Scholarship Boot Camp you plan to attend.
Also be sure to attend 1 or more of the Fulbright Writing Sessions. Working in teams, we’ll help you polish and perfect your essays.
• Tuesday, August 26th from 3:30-5 p.m. in 225-b Eggers Hall
• Friday, August 29th from 10 a.m.-12 noon in 225-b Eggers Hall
• Tuesday, September 2nd from 8:30-10 a.m. in 225-b Eggers Hall
• Wednesday, September 3rd from 2-4 p.m. in 225-b Eggers Hall
• Monday, September 8th from 3:30-5 p.m. in 341 Eggers Hall
• Wednesday, September 10th from 9-10:30 a.m. in 225-b Eggers Hall
Each time you attend a writing session, you need to bring 5 paper copies of both your essays.
Remember: Your Complete Fulbright Application is due on Monday, September 15th at 12 noon.